Thursday, May 27, 2010

Darcel Dissapoints: I Think I Found The Animated Version Of Myself...

Summer In Ny is Fucked Sculpture
I got introduced to Darcel by reading the blogs and coming across information about his sculpture entitled "Summer in NY is Fucked"...

Summer in Ny is Fucked
At the time i didn't know that it was based on an animation by the same name done by an artist named Craig Redman.

LV Maison London
Vuitton
But then a little while later I saw that Darcel was also going to the new Louis Vuitton Maison London concept store. I thought that was pretty cool but who exactly was this egg shaped black cyclops with the cool glasses on.

I went to Craig Redman's blog where I discovered that Darcel is the star of Craig Redmans animated blog "Darcel Dissapoints" that brings to life everyday trivialities and occurrences.

I began reading through his blog and I realized that Darcel and I (and probably many New Yorkers)have a lot in common. From the small things that bother New Yorkers like waiting for the train to going to visiting exhibits like the one Kaws had at the Gering & Lopez gallery and getting wasted and then feeling the results of it, I'm sure that a lot of New Yorkers can identify with Darcel. I sure do. Check It out and visit the blog for more.


Waiting for the train is fucking boring.
Entitled: Waiting For The Train Is Fucking Boring

Having A Tom Ford Kind of Day Today
Entitled: Having A Tom Ford Kind of Day Today
(You have got to love the bow tie and the glasses change with Tom Ford's Signature T on either side)

Being Alone Sucks.
Entitled: Being Alone Sucks
(I can relate...)

Today Must Be Delivery Dat At Supreme
Entitled: Today Must Be Delivery Day At Supreme
(This Looks VERY familiar)

The Kaws show at Gering & Lopez and the Mr show at Lehmann Maupin were pretty rad too.
Entitled: The Kaws show at Gering & Lopez and the Mr show at Lehmann Maupin were pretty rad too
(Yeah It Was!)

Note To Winter:  Get Lost
Entitled : Note To Winter: Get Lost
(Reminds me of a Polo sweater)

This has got to stop.
Entitled: This Has Got To Stop

Ugh, I'm never drinking again (...again)
Entitled: Ugh, I'm Never Drinking Again
(We have all felt this way)

I Wish...
Entitled: I Wish
(His Dream Apartment...Peep the Kaws and Jeff Koons figures in the back)

The winter look isn't working for me either.
Entitled: This winter look isn't working for me either
(Supreme Hat, Woodgrain Frames, Supreme Deck...All Looks A Little Familiar)

Source: Darcel Dissapoints
Source: HighSnobiety

No comments:

Post a Comment